When: Saturday, September 29 from 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Where: Brooklyn Borough Hall, Plaza side
WHO WE ARE: We are a network of revolutionary community organizers involved in the #MassBailOut of all youth & womxn from Rikers starting Oct 1. We are dedicated to the abolition of the prison industrial complex. The prison system in the US is not an extension of law and order, but a weapon that the privileged, ruling classes wield against the poor, who are disproportionately black and brown.
The capitalist system increasingly intensifies the divide between rich and poor, and the racist prison system is a means of concealing the inequality inherent in the capitalist system. It is on this basis that we demand the abolition of prisons, as well as the abolition of the capitalist system that the prison industrial complex is predicated upon.
IMMEDIATE DEMANDS OF THE NYC #MASSBAILOUT GRASSROOTS COALITION:
1. The immediate release of all bail eligible womxn, prioritizing trans, undocumented, homeless, disabled and elderly womxn.
2. The immediate closure of all 10 Rikers jails, starting with Rosies and all youth facilities.
3. No use of bail, remand or risk assessment as retaliation by judges or DAs.
4. #RightofReturn home safely without surveillance, e-carceration or re-arrest by the NYPD.
5. No character assassination of incarcerated and formerly incarcerated people.