NNIRR 25th Anniversary Dinner & Celebration!
Join us for an evening of celebration, music and a globally inspired dinner!
Together we will look back on a quarter century of NNIRR’s vibrant organizing history and affirm our collective commitment to the future for immigrant rights and justice.
Saturday, November 5, 2011
5:30 pm – 10:00 pm
Oakland Asian Cultural Center
Monami Maulik, Executive Director of Desis Rising Up and Moving (DRUM) in New York
Join us in honoring:
- Families for Freedom (New York, NY), providing support for families of detainees and organizing for human rights and justice
- Coalicion de Derechos Humanos (Tucson, AZ), leading the fight for human rights for communities at the US-Mexico border
- Mississippi Immigrant Rights Alliance (Jackson, MS), challenging anti-immigrant racism
- United Methodist Women (New York, NY), partners in advancing rights and justice at home and abroad
- Migrant Forum in Asia (Manila, Philippines) leading regional and international advocacy for migrant rights
- Reflections on on NNIRR’s past 25 years and the current challenges for our movement
- Music from Francisco Herrera
- Aya de Leon, writer, performer, hip hop theater artist, poetic activist, and community healer
- A silent auction with movement art, music, wine, packages, gift certificates, travel packages and more, with items to accommodate everyone’s budget. Click here for a sampling!
- The jazz sounds of the Chris Planas Trio
- Dancing to music from Candelaria
- No host bar
Tickets: $65.00 per person
For table sponsorship, please contact Jennifer Ferrigno at email@example.com.
Event LocationOakland Asian Cultural Center (OACC)
OACC Edward W. Chin Auditorium
388 9th St. #290 (between Franklin and Webster)
Oakland, CA 94607
OACC is on 9th Street between Franklin and Webster. Auditorium location on Level 2. Convenient parking garage on site — enter garage on Franklin Street between 9th and 11th streets.