The Black Alliance for Just Immigration (BAJI), is proud to invite you to our community forum on the State of Black Immigrants taking place Thursday, Oct 13th 6 – 8pm at Fordham University. The event will highlight our recently published report with NYU Law School’s Immigrant Rights Clinic that is a first of its kind overview of this vulnerable population. We’ve attached the report for your review before the event. It can also be downloaded here.
The event will serve as a space for key stakeholders, including elected officials, media outlets, philanthropy, community leaders, and those directly impacted, to engage the report, discuss issues facing Black immigrants, and propose solutions to some of the challenges raised. Presentations will be delivered by:
- Carl Lipscombe, Programs Manager, Black Alliance for Just Immigration & co-author of the report
- Dr. Christina Greer, Fordham University
- Abraham Paulos, Executive Director, Families for Freedom
- Members of New Sanctuary Coalition that have been directly impacted by the immigration enforcement system
- Juliana R. Morgan-Trostle and Kexin Zheng, NYU Law School students and co-authors of the report
You can review the event details below, but please feel free to contact us at 347-410-5312 or via e-mail at email@example.com if you have any questions.