Conference on Immigration Detention System
Immigrant Detainees: Alone, Unrepresented & Imprisoned
A joint conference of Rutgers School of Law–Newark, Seton Hall Law School, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, and New York University School of Law.
Featuring keynote speaker U.S. Senator Robert Menendez ’79.
March 23, 2012, 8 am – 5:30 pm
Rutgers School of Law–Newark
To register for the conference, click here. To download the conference brochure, click here.
Confirmed panelists include:
- Hon. Michael Chagares, Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- Professor Alice Clapman, University of Baltimore School of Law
- Professor Alina Das, NYU Law
- Semuteh Freeman and Lauren Major, Law Students, NYU Law Immigrant Rights Clinic
- Professor Betsy Ginsberg, Cardozo Law
- Amy Gottlieb, Esq., American Friends Service Committee
- Professor Anju Gupta, Rutgers–Newark Law
- Warren Joseph, Families for Freedom
- Hon. Robert Katzmann, Second Circuit Court of Appeals
- Lynn Kelly, Esq., NY City Bar Justice Center
- Lawrence S. Lustberg, Esq., Gibbons PC
- Professor Lori Nessel, Seton Hall Law
- Judy Rabinovitz, Esq., ACLU Immigrants’ Rights Project
- Ravi Ragbir, Families for Freedom
- Silky Shah, Detention Watch Network
- Annie Sovcik, Esq., Human Rights First
- Catherine Weiss, Esq., Lowenstein Sandler LLC
- Seth Wessler, Investigative Reporter, Colorlines
- Amelia Wilson, Esq., American Friends Service Committee
Co-sponsored by Lowenstein Sandler PC, Gibbons PC, Rutgers Committee to Advance Our Common Purposes, Rutgers–Newark Center for Migration and the Global City, Cardozo Immigration Justice Clinic, Rutgers Immigrant Rights Collective, Rutgers Human Rights Forum, Seton Hall Law Center for Social Justice, NYU School of Law Immigrant Rights Clinic, American Friends Service Committee, and Human Rights First.
The conference is free and open to the public; however, due to space constraints, pre-registration is required. To register, clickhere.
Please contact Roman Guzik at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.