Frustrated with misguided policies that have packed our prisons and jails, drained our state budget and led to one of the highest recidivism rates in the country,
70 advocates, including family members with an incarcerated loved one, formerly imprisoned people, and youth from across California traveled to Sacramento last week!
If didn’t make it to the Lobby Day contact your Legislator today and encourage them to:
- Create a moratorium on prison and jail expansion and cancel all AB 900 construction projects in the 2012 budget.
- Support SB 9 (Yee) the California Fair Sentencing for Youth act.
- Oppose SB 391 (Gaines) Inmate Parole Hearings.
- Oppose AB 281 (Gorell) Gang Injunctions.
- Stop the cuts to social services and education.
Amador * Butte * Calaveras * El Dorado * Fresno * Imperial * Kern * Kings * Los Angeles * Madera * Merced * Monterey * Napa * Orange * Placer * Riverside * Sacramento * San Bernardino * San Benito * San Diego * San Joaquin * San Luis Obispo * San Mateo * Santa Barbara * Santa Clara * Shasta * Siskiyou * Solano * Sonoma * Stanislaus * Sutter * Tulare * Tuolumne * Yolo
CURB is currently organizing in several counties across California to fight for real solutions:
jail capacity and charging prisoners:
For more information, to set-up a petition or to mobilize in your County contact: